Express Car Repair and Maintenance Services in Uganda
Get comprehensive and affordable car repair and maintenance services in Uganda at Seal Auto Garage Limited. Here is a our list of express car services at affordable prices. For the best deals on used cars contact our division on motor vehicles. To get the best spare parts for your car, buy from Seal Auto Parts Limited.
Engine Repair and Maintenance
When your “Check Engine” light comes on, call 0701618088 immediately. Our technicians will diagnose your engine and recommend the right repairs, at the right price. This will include:
- Standard tune-up
- Filter replacement
- Fuel system cleaning and more
Car Battery Maintenance, Replacement and Sales
When the weather is still sunny and warm, few people are likely thinking about their car batteries and the potential problems that cold weather brings. While car batteries are engineered to deliver many months of trouble-free operation, certain factors can diminish a battery’s ability to power your vehicle. Regular battery maintenance and on-time replacement are two important strategies that will help keep your vehicle free from problematic battery power interruptions.
Tips for Replacing Batteries
A battery’s charge can be tested with an at-home tester or during routine maintenance and repairs conducted by Seal Auto Garage Service. Knowing the percentage of charge still available in a battery will help you determine the right time to purchase a replacement. Note that buying a second-hand battery is not recommended. There are some important reasons for this, such as:
- It can be difficult to determine how much charge is left in a second-hand battery, even with an at-home tester.
- Battery manufacturers produce batteries with a particular intended life span; purchasing a second-hand battery may prevent you from getting the full value.
- Exchanges or refunds may not be possible to obtain from a second-hand dealer.
Begin planning your battery replacement when the weather is still warm. Cold weather has the potential to reduce a battery’s effectiveness when starting a vehicle. Vehicle owners can also plan ahead for battery testing or replacement before taking their vehicle on a long drive. Thinking ahead about the driving you intend to do in the next few months will help you make the right purchasing decision.
Keep the Power Flowing
Dirt, grime, grease, and battery acid discharge can collect on battery terminals and prevent electrical power from discharging in an optimal manner. Dirty battery terminals can prevent efficient vehicle starting and could even cause power interruptions during operation. A stiff bristled battery brush will help vehicle owners maintain the terminals. Simply use the brush to clear away surface grime from the terminals and battery clamps. Sprinkling a little baking soda onto the terminals and then activating it with regular tap water is a very effective way of neutralizing any acid that has discharged from the battery. Use the brush again to clear away the remains.
This is a simple way for vehicle owners to conduct basic vehicle battery maintenance at home. For concerns that are not resolved through cleaning and testing, more detailed diagnostics may be required. If you have concerns about your vehicle’s battery or about other system components, just contact us today.
Battery Maintenance Advice for Ugandan car owners:
- Use a round brush with stiff bristles to clear away surface debris from the terminals
- Sprinkle some baking soda on each of the terminals
- Gently pour tap water onto the terminals and allow the baking soda to react
- Use the round brush again to clear away the next layer of debris
- Repeat this process until the terminals are clean
Battery maintenance requires thinking ahead and planning for the driving you intend to do in the future. If you have any questions about the best way to care for your vehicle’s battery, talk to us today – we’ll be glad to offer advice and assistance.
Wheel Alignment and Balancing
If you’ve ever driven a new vehicle, chances are you remember what it’s like to have a smooth and comfortable driving experience. Unfortunately, after thousands of miles and quite a few years, your car may not be driving as smoothly and efficiently as it once did. While this is common in vehicles as they get older, once a vehicle hits the 50,000 miles mark and about every 50,000 miles from there on, it may be time to replace your car’s suspension system components and get a wheel alignment.
WHY WHEEL ALIGNMENTS ARE IMPORTANT
Understanding how important a wheel alignment is for your vehicle will help you see the benefits of having it done on a regular basis. The more you drive your vehicle, the more contact your wheels have with the road. Since your wheels are constantly exposed to road conditions, such as pot holes, speed bumps, etc., plus the weight of your vehicle, the components of the suspension system, which provide support and help to steer and maneuver, are subject to significant wear and tear.
WHAT AFFECTS A VEHICLE’S WHEEL ALIGNMENT?
Maintaining your vehicle’s alignment is crucial to maintaining its safety, helping to steer and drive it, increasing the lifespan of your suspension system and preserving tire treads. Alignment affects braking, ride quality, and even fuel economy. An alignment ensures that all tires work together and remain in line at all times for proper contact with the road. To get a better understanding of how a wheel alignment works, you must first understand how your wheels function.
In order for your vehicle to maintain proper wheel alignment, the camber, caster, and toe-in all need to be aligned properly. Here is a brief overview of the camber, caster and toe-in:
- Camber: the angle of the tire from the top to bottom, involves the angle of the wheels’ attachment and affects traction, handling, and cornering.
- Caster: the angle of the tire from the front to back inside the fender well (kick out similar to a front wheel on a bicycle) affects stability and steering ability.
- Toe-in: is the distance difference from the inside of the left wheel to the inside right wheel and affects stability, cornering, tire tread wear, and tire life.
A wheel alignment is like the tuning process for a piano. After it’s been played for a certain period of time, the keys need to be tuned so the piano can maintain proper sound and function. The same goes for your vehicle; after it’s been driven for a certain time, the wheels need to be readjusted and in some cases a four-wheel alignment may be required to ensure the vehicle remains safe, stable, and drivable.
If you notice your tires squeal when going around corners, if your tires are properly inflated, it’s likely your vehicle is in need of an alignment. Protect your vehicle and yourself by stopping by Seal Auto Garage repair facility today for a free wheel alignment check with our state-of-the-art machines. You can trust our technicians to inspect and repair your vehicle’s wheel alignment and suspension system properly.
Transmission Service and Repair
Seal Auto Service is your alternative to the dealership because we’re a complete auto repair shop — and that includes transmission repairs. From basic transmission services like a transmission fluid flush all the way to complete replacement or transmission overhauls, we can handle your vehicle’s transmission problems, no matter how big or small.
For more information about transmission repair services, contact 0701618088 for advice and assistance.
Free Complete External Checklist for Transmission Repair
- Check Fluid Levels – Your transmission fluid level is crucial to the longevity of your transmission. It acts as the coolant, the hydraulic fluid, and the lubricant, so it should be free of particles, clear and odorless.
- Road Test – We conduct a thorough vehicle road test where we check shift sequences, variations in operating ranges for gear selections, slipping, etc. We encourage you to accompany our driver/technician during the road test where he can explain to you what is happening with your transmission.
- Perform an Engine Operation Test – A Sun Auto Service technician will check for possible transmission-related problems, however, if your engine is not functioning properly, it will have a definite effect on the efficiency of your transmission. We will diagnose the problem with your vehicle, whether it’s the transmission or the engine.
- Check Axles, CV Joints, Boots and Other Potential Factors – It may not be the transmission after all! A failing universal joint (u-joint) sounds bad and shakes the car, but it’s a minor part that’s easily replaced. CV joints and boots can do the same, although they a bit more costly to replace. Our expert technicians will help determine the real problem, transmission or otherwise.
- Check Transmission and Engine Mounts – A bad mount can cause the engine and transmission to move under power and change the shifting sequences of your transmission.
- Look for Leaks and Seeps – A bad seal or a loose connection could cause a loss of fluid significant enough to drop levels to a point where the operation is affected. This is normally a simple repair.
- Inspect Drive Shaft and Undercarriage – Moving parts can cause a problem that might sound or act like a transmission problem when actually it’s really not. This is where it pays to have an expert assess the problem.
- Check all Linkages – Worn and damaged parts can cause erratic behavior while shifting, or even issues with computer and sequence processing.
- Inspect Cooling System Operation – Your vehicle’s cooling system keeps the temperature of your engine operating within a normal range. We also check the operating temperature of your transmission to make sure it is operating normally. Overheating can kill a transmission. We also check all other peripheral areas for leaks including brake cylinders, power steering, etc.
- Inspect Differential Operation – We check for any leaks and look for evidence of bearing or gear noise.
- Inspect Transmission Pan – We lower the transmission pan to check for excessive metal in it or in the filter. If we notice any broken metal parts in the pan, we look further into the internal parts of the transmission. These metal parts may indicate that parts within the transmission will continue to get worse (or may have already failed), causing even more interior damage and increasing your cost for repairs.
Need an A/C inspection or repair for your vehicle? Our automotive A/C experts inspect, evaluate, recharge and repair your vehicle’s A/C system. Our ASE certified technicians are equipped to handle a full range of A/C system services and perform the required repairs to keep your vehicle’s air conditioning blowing cold all summer long.
Our technicians handle all your automotive A/C services so that you’ll know you’re getting the work done right the first time. We perform only the work you authorize us to do and we guarantee all that work in writing.
- Basic inspection
- Adjust belts and tighten hose connections where necessary
- Test for leaks electronically
- Evacuation and recharge of the entire system if required
- Basic A/C service includes service for the refrigerant system
Call 0701618088 for advice and assistance on your car AC system
Brake Repair, Inspection and Installation
At Seal Auto Service, we’re here to help with all your brake repair and service needs. We service all vehicle makes and models including cars, trucks and SUVs and we make it our mission to keep your vehicle’s brakes in safe, working order. We stand behind our brake work, guaranteed, in writing.
The Brake Repair, Inspections and Installation service includes:
- Resurface rotors or rear drums
- Re-pack front wheel bearings (except sealed units)
- Inspect master cylinder and brake hoses
- Road-test the vehicle
Brake repairs and services are just one way we work hard to earn your business. Our technicians are brake experts and we can repair and replace all types of brake types and brake parts (disc, drum, ABS, etc.). In fact, many auto repair shops do not have the trained technicians or the right equipment to diagnose anti-lock brake systems – but we do! We can inspect your brakes and brake pads to let you know how often to replace them; then show you what we find and let you know our recommendations for your brake repairs.
We offer same-day service for most cars and light trucks, so bring your vehicle to one of our brake repair shops and you’ll get a free brake inspection to determine why type of repairs, if any, are needed. We offer free brake inspections at all our locations and you can see our auto repair coupons page for brake repair deals. Proper brake maintenance and care is essential to your driving safety, which is why we recommend regular brake inspections and maintenance for your vehicle.
At Seal Auto Service, we offer free brake inspections to determine what work, if any, your vehicle needs. From there, we explain what we find, what recommendations we have to repair your brakes, and what it will cost to fix.
We only perform the brake repair and replacement services you authorize us to do. So whether it’s just brakes you need fixed or if you have other questions about our complete auto repair services, simply contact us on 0701618088.
Car Motor Oil Change Service
Keep your engine running like new. Regular oil changes are the easy and cost-effective way to maintain your vehicle’s reliability and performance. Regular oil changes help your engine last longer and they can help with your vehicle’s fuel economy. And when your vehicle is in for regular maintenance, we can help catch and fix minor issues before they turn into costly repairs later.
When it’s time for an oil change, don’t take your vehicle anywhere else – Seal Auto Service is your alternative to the dealership. We offer complete preventative maintenance services including regular oil changes for your vehicle, and we do it at the most competitive prices.
The Seal Auto Services Oil Changing Service includes:
- Oil change (premium oil)
- Oil filter replacement
- Lube chassis
- Fluid check
- Tire rotation
- Complete vehicle inspections
The Oil Changing service is suitable for:
- High mileage engines (75,000+ miles)
- Four-wheel drive & SUV engines
- High performance engines
- Full synthetic oil changes
Contact us today to get your vehicle in for an oil change. Call 0701618088 for advice and assistance.
Car Fluid Replacement
Keeping up with your vehicle’s system flush needs is an important part of routine maintenance. The fluids in your transmission, power steering, coolant and braking systems are vital to the performance and longevity of your car or truck’s core components.
Here at Seal Auto Service, we understand the importance of preventative auto care. A small investment now can save you a bundle in the future while ensuring reliable performance from your vehicle every day. Whether you drive in normal or severe conditions (such as stop-and-go traffic or extreme temperatures), we offer a full spectrum of services to keep you on the road and running strong.
Brake System Flush
- Brake fluid amplifies braking force while protecting major system components from excessive wear.
- Moisture, heat, and dust from the outside environment can impact brake performance and lead to costly repairs.
- Under normal driving conditions, it’s recommended that you flush your brake fluid every 30,000 miles or every two years to ensure optimal performance and prevent leaks or squeals.
Coolant System Flush
- Coolant is vital in preventing your engine from overheating. It also protects against freeze-ups in cold weather, provides lubrication for your water pump and prevents rust in the system.
- Severe driving conditions can cause components to degrade over time, leading to corrosion and deposits that clog your engine’s primary means of releasing heat.
- Most manufacturers advise replacing coolant fluid every 50,000 to 100,000 miles in normal conditions, or every 30,000 to 50,000 miles in severe driving conditions.
Power Steering System Flush
- Power steering fluid provides lubrication and transfers energy between hydraulic components, making it easier to steer your vehicle.
- Heat and pressure resulting from everyday use impacts power steering fluid performance, causing added wear to gears, pumps, and valves. By keeping up with the maintenance of this system you can help prevent costly repairs for failed components.
- Your power steering fluid should be replaced by time and mileage, prior to it becoming brown or dark brown in color.
Transmission System Flush
- Transmission fluid is as vital to your transmission as motor oil is to your engine because it provides the physical pressure needed to perform key functions, such as shifting, as well as transmission engagement and disengagement.
- Overheating and fluid contamination account for 90 percent of automatic transmission failures.
- Transmission fluid should be flushed every 30,000 to 50,000 miles under normal driving conditions.
Performing system flushes in a timely fashion helps keep your vehicle running smoothly and saves you money in the long run.