Read, enjoy and share the latest hyper local news in America.
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — If you need a COVID-19 booster shot, you may not need to get the same brand as your first shots.
According to a report in the New York Times, the Food and Drug Administration is planning to allow Americans to get a different vaccine as a booster than the one they originally received.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
Sources told the times, the government would not recommend one shot over another, and it may point out that using the same vaccine as a booster when possible is preferred.
The move could be made as early as Wednesday.
Continue Reading News Story. Published by Local Central Press Syndicate, United States. For feedback write to Amnon Jakony, Founding Editor/Publisher - amnon [at] thedailyreformer.com. Thanks for reading.